Look this over, and let me know if I missed something completely obvious. I think there's a lot more I could add to this, but am focused on how to present what we are about, and to keep it brief. ~ GML4
- We want Mound to be a place to drive to, not drive through.
- Don't look back, look forward
- There are no solutions, just rational responses
- Do not wait for help from St. Paul or Washington DC
- Create places of social and financial value
- Keep it affordable
- Try short term and experiment
Problems Mound faces
- Too easy to drive through Mound. One can drive through Mound and not ever think about stopping anywhere along the way.
- Streets are not people friendly because cars go too fast.
- No parking signs at Surfside, Downtown Commerce Blvd, and lots of residential areas make places inaccessible and allow cars to drive by faster.
A Place in Mound Objectives
- Slow cars down
- Create places that are resilient