We've become addicted to their[experts] certainty, their assuredness, their definitiveness, and in the process, we have ceded our responsibility, substituting our intellect and our intelligence for their supposed words of wisdom. We've surrendered our power, trading off our discomfort with uncertainty for the illusion of certainty that they provide.
I had a conversation with someone the other day about what we are trying to do here with this website and these conversations. "A Place in Mound", in part, is meant to challenge the status quo.
Here at "A Place in Mound, we see where "Experts"...
- are keeping people from enjoying our parks
- want to slow down the bicyclist
- shut down access to our businesses
- would rather have you take the bus, than walk to school
- believe fast cars are preferable to people on our streets
|People parking on the street on Commerce near Our Lake of the Lake. It is safe, and makes for a better place.|